The Holloway Pathfinder Club is one of the nearly 30,000 Pathfinder clubs operating in 120 countries around the world. We are a community service oriented youth organization sponsored by the Seventh-Day Adventist Church, though young people of any religious persuasion or none at all, are welcome and encouraged to join us.
Our club provides a key step in its educational program, that is, an opportunity to take the children out from a classroom setting into outdoor adventures as well. Participants are children and teenagers aged 10-15, progressing through different class levels each year.
The Pathfinder Club consists of a recreational-spiritual program for youth who want to discover their world and themselves. The club is compared to a Boy Scouts.
- Learn Christian values
- Develop self-discipline
- Make new friends
- Enjoy safe and exciting adventures
- Learn what teamwork is all about
- Prepare for church and community responsibilities
- Cultivate courage, self-reliance, honesty, loyalty, & kindness
- Acquire hobbies and skills
- Learn under the guidance and association of mature Christian Counsellors<!-
- Grow in an atmosphere of love and acceptance
- Discover their world and themselves
- Talk about and know God
By the grace of God, I will be pure, and kind, and true. I will keep the Pathfinder Law. I will be a servant of God and a friend to man.
The Law is for me to:
Keep the morning watch
Do my honest part
Care for my body
Keep a level eye
Be courteous and obedient
Walk softly in the sanctuary
Keep a song in my heart
Go on God’s errand.
- Camping & camping/survival skills
- Activities promoting community pride & involvement through outreach activities such as visitation at nursing/residential homes, cleaning & maintaining parks, visiting and encouraging the elderly, helping someone that is in need, marching in parades, e.g. marches against crime and Remembrance Day Parade,
- Interactive training in a variety of recreational, artistic, nature, conservation, vocational, and outreach areas such as Baking, Candle Making and Sewing with awards (honours) given for successful completion of the honour.
- Drilling and Marching skills.
- Grade appropriate leadership training.
- Bible study and witnessing projects
In addition to our own Club organised camps, we attend a large event known as Pathfinder Camporee, these camps ranges from locally, that is, within the UK or Internationally, that is, Europe and USA. In 2004 we attended Camporee in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, USA where over 30,000came together to enjoy fellowship and participate in events, competitions and religious meetings.